The Digital CoLab in Olin Library 107 is a dedicated digital scholarship workspace -- a gathering space for collaboration, co-learning, and exploration by students and scholars across disciplines and across varying levels of technical skill.
You can reserve the CoLab for use by your small group if you're working a digital scholarship project at Cornell.
Our tools and equipment include:
- Workstations with large monitors
- A dedicated scanner for OCR preparation
- A large presentation screen with ClickShare useful for collaborating groups working on laptops
- Specialized software for OCR, mapping, statistical analysis, and XML
- Raspberry Pis
- Arduinos -- interactive objects used to sense and control physical devices.
Open Hours in the CoLab (Spring 2019)
The Digital CoLab (Olin Library 107) is a spot for study, collaboration, and conversation, especially when you’ve got a digital project to work on. We are open noon-4pm every weekday for drop-in consultations on digital scholarship topics such as text analysis, GIS and mapping, data visualization, digital publishing and exhibits, databases, and more. CoLab events like workshops, talks, and classes will also be held in this room. When not used for CoLab-sponsored events, the room will be open for general studying.
Come by for:
- A friendly place to work with students from across disciplines
- OCR software
- Someone to answer questions about:
- Making digital maps
- Programming with R
- Working with databases and SQL
- Getting started with text analysis
- Creating digital exhibits & digital publications
- Anything else related to digital research or pedagogy that you can dream up
Come ask questions or just come to hang out.
Reserve the CoLab
Room calendar for the Digital CoLab in Olin 107 and Consultation room in Olin 107D (use the contact form to request bookings):
Digital CoLab, Olin 107